Takemichi and Chifuyu have now managed to gather two more people on their team. Both Hakkai and Inupi agree to join them straight away without any hesitation. We also get a flashback scene where it’s surprisingly Coco who brings an injured Takemichi to Inupi. Curious about Tokyo Revengers Chapter 238? Head down below to find out about the upcoming episode.
Table of Contents
About Tokyo Revengers
Takemichi Hanagaki’s life is extremely unsatisfying and things get even worse when he learns that his ex-girlfriend from middle school, Hinata Tachibana has been killed by the Tokyo Manji Gang. The next day, wondering where it all went wrong, he’s at the station platform and when he ends up being pushed over onto the tracks, he thinks he’s going to die.
But when he opens his eyes, he finds that he’s travelled back 12 years in the past. Now that he’s back reliving his old life, Takemichi resolves to join the Tokyo Manji Gang to alter the future and save Hinata.
Recap of Tokyo Revengers Chapter 237
- The chapter begins with Hakkai agreeing to join Takemichi’s new team. There’s also an added humorous bit where Chifuyu hands Hakkai a shirt to wear which he says is the Thousand Winters’ uniform.
- Banter aside, they realize that even though they have three people on their team now, that’s a very small number. They need more members if they are to defeat Kantou Manji.
- Takemichi suddenly exclaims that he has a particular person in mind and so they approach Inupi next. He recalls Draken’s request to him to help Mikey and vowing to fight Kantou Manji gang with this goal in mind, he asks if Inupi will join them.
- Inupi agrees right away without any hesitation. He also adds that this is why he had chosen Takemichi.
- Then, there’s a flashback scene. We see Koko arriving at Draken and Inupi’s shop carrying a badly injured Takemichi on his back. It’s surprising to see that it’s Koko, a member of the rival gang who ends up helping Takemichi.
- As Inupi helps Koko deal with Takemichi, he asks Koko about what happened. Koko tells him that Takemichi got beaten up by Mikey and that it’s not only him, but also Senju and South.
- Koko gravely says that the era of the 3 deities is over and that it’s now Mikey’s era. When Koko is about to leave to go clean up the aftermath of the battle, Inupi asks him if he’s happy with all this.
- Koko replies that he’s obviously happy following Mikey but it looks more like he’s trying to convince himself that he’s made the right decision. He then adds that Inupi chose a good person, referring to Takemichi.
- The chapter then ends with another scene that offers comic relief as the team indulges in some chaotic banter as Inupi straight out balks and refuses to wear the Thousand Winters’ shirt Chifuyu hands him.
What Can Happen in Tokyo Revengers Chapter 238?
- In Chapter 238, we may get to see Mitsuya as many fans are speculating about his appearance. There might be some resistance from him at first when he learns of Takemichi’s involvement in Draken’s death but it’s likely he’ll come around and join the team.
- There’s also ongoing discussion in fan forums that Thousand Winters will not be the official name of the team and that Chifuyu’s unfiform is just a running gag for now. For all we know, Mitsuya may probably take on the task of redesigning the team uniform.
- Fans are also speculating that with the last few chapters offering such wholesome content, it feels like the calm before the storm. Something horrible may happen soon in the coming chapters.
- This theory seems even more legit because of Koko’s smile. It looks like the very same pained, repressed smile we all associate with Mikey and Takemichi in the past. Could it be possible that Wakui is foreshadowing Koko’s impending misfortune?
- Koko may also end up switching sides as he doesn’t seem too happy with Kantou Manji.
Release Date of Tokyo Revengers Chapter 238
Tokyo Revengers Chapter 238 is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
Where to Read?
You can read the upcoming chapter and the rest of the series on the Kodansha website or the Mangamo app