One of the hallmarks of the MCU is its ability to inject humor into even the most intense moments, and no one is better equipped to do that than Tony Stark. He’s almost always got a clever line in a fight, no matter how desperate things may seem
Some of the remarkable words from his flicks…
1) “I did you a big favor. I have successfully privatized world peace. What more do you want?”
Once he declared himself Iron Man and saved the planet, Tony Stark went into the full snarky swagger mode and made an ass clown out of Senator Stern in front of the Senate. No flipping, Senator Stern.
2) “Following’s not really my style.”
You don’t get in a man like Tony Stark’s way unless you want to feel his wrath (looking at you, Jeff Bridges). This line also works well when trying to assemble a piece of IKEA furniture and you want to feel like a badass whilst holding a Skorva midbeam like Thor’s hammer.
3) “Jarvis, sometimes you gotta run before you can walk.”
Billionaire superheroes don’t have time for walking, they only run, fly, and blow sh*t up. I’m sure Bruce Wayne has said this same line to Alfred a few times.
4) “I am Iron Man.”
Most superheroes try with all of their might to protect their secret identity, not Tony Stark, though. His ego simply wouldn’t allow that. Even if you’re not Iron Man, this line works pretty well as an alternative to simply saying “Look at me!”
5) “I told you, I don’t want to join your super secret boy band.”
C’mon, we really couldn’t expect Tony Stark to go along with Nick Fury’s proposal right way, right? The guy’s gotta play at least a little hard to get.
See Also: ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Cast On Their Love For Robert Downey Jr. & Chris Evans
6) “Okay, give me smooch for good luck, I might not make it back.”
Even though this line did kind of backfire when Pepper kissed his helmet and threw it out of the plane, it’s still pretty smooth. Tony had these words to Pepper while saving the world in Iron Man 2.
7) “My name is Tony Stark and I’m not afraid of you. I know you’re a coward, so I decided… that you just died, pal. I’m gonna come to get the body. There’s no politics here, it’s just good old-fashioned revenge.”
It was a perfect time for Tony to speak when dealing with a terrorist like the Mandarin. But maybe a little over the top when dealing with his cable company.
8) “Don’t do anything I would do, and definitely, don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. There’s a little gray area in there, and that’s where you operate.”
It was Tony’s advice to Spider-Man (Spider-Man: Homecoming, 2017). Tony’s trying to keep him grounded, suggesting he stick to local jobs and not worry too much about being an Avenger.
9) “Anybody on our side hiding any shocking and fantastic abilities they’d like to disclose? I’m open to suggestions.”
It’s a perfect comic book line, balancing the intensity and ridiculousness of the situation while also feeling oddly practical. Tony puts that to good use during the airport clash at the heart of Captain America: Civil War.
10) “No. You’re in a relationship with me. Everything will never be OK.”
Iron Man 3 was one of the greatest tests for Pepper. After rescuing Tony in the film not once but twice, and being subjected to the fiery Extremis serum, Pepper finally gets to take a breath at the end of the film.
11) “Make your move, Reindeer Games.”
Tony said this to Loki when he first met him in first Avengers. He contains multitudes, and he still found time to nickname.
12)”Let’s face it, this is not the worst thing you’ve caught me doing.”
Pepper discovers Tony in the Iron Man suit for the first time. As he’s struggling, trying to get his robots to remove the cumbersome Mark 3 armor, Pepper can barely get a word out.
13) “Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?”
This particular line gets one of the biggest laughs in the film, comes after Tony’s already met Loki and then meets his brother Thor. It’s a great laugh line, and it builds the antagonism ahead of a fight involving Tony, Thor, and Captain America in Avengers.
14) “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the wizards.”
It was a funnier moment in Infinity Wars. Tony asks Bruce to Hulk up, but Bruce can’t. Hulk has witnessed the might of Thanos, and Hulk is having none of this fight. Doctor Strange and Wong, who are standing right there, can only look on in confusion. That’s when Tony gets exasperated.
15) “…genius billionaire playboy philanthropist.”(THE AVENGERS)
Tony Stark uses it as an opportunity to once again flex his skills at Captain America and show that the suit one wears does not make the man.
The Oscar-nominated actor is wrapping up his Marvel appearances in Avengers: Endgame