It goes without saying that Chris Hemsworth is a pretty good actor. Out of all the heroes in the MCU, his character has shown the most emotional range by far. Here are a few of the lesser-known facts about the actor on his birthday-
You might want to check this out: Why Are Fans Bullying Chris Hemsworth For Skipping Leg Day?
- When he was young, his nickname was Kip because he couldn’t pronounce Christopher correctly (awww).
- He LOVES surfing and football. He has a shoulder injury that has prevented him from pursuing a career in football.
- In order to play Thor, he had to gain 20 lbs. They wanted someone with a sculpted body.
- If he wasn’t an actor, he says he would want to be a director or writer.
- In terms of ‘casual jobs’ Chris Hemsworth has been a waiter, construction man, surf shop employee, and a barman. That’s the kind of versatility we love!
- He’s 6′2!
- His acting career started in a soap opera, called Home and Away.
- A director from a movie Chris was in earlier told him to try out for the role of Thor.
- He got into acting to help financially support his family.
- His first job? Cleaning breast pumps.
- He likes to sew! We love a man who’s in touch with his feminine side. This is a good sign that his masculinity is healthy.