Avengers Endgame: All the box office records the big Marvel movie has turned to dust in a month
‘Avengers: Endgame” had a massive start at the box office.The collections were huge and seem to be record-breaking.
Fans’ overwhelming response to the Marvel epic was enough to become one of the highest-grossing movies of all time. But things changed and we saw a different shade after a month in theaters.
Its pace is slowing down, and it’s looking like it could fall short of dethroning the biggest movies ever.
Also see: Thor’s Cosplayers are doing great!
Box Office Records held by Avengers: Endgame.
A month has passed since the release of the epic movie and it has made many records till now. Let’s have a look at some of them.
- Holds records bigger opening day in India: It becomes hard for any movie to earn and gather audience due to some facts like interest, language, genre. Marvel movies had been liked by Indian audience a lot in recent times and are die-hard fans of some best comic characters. Avengers: Endgame records a bigger opening day collection of 53.10 crores [ UD$ 7.63M ].
- Beats records of its own prequel in India: Avengers: Endgame tops the box office collection in terms of Hollywood release in India, beating its own prequel by more than Rs 130 crore [ US$ 18M].
- Biggest first-day haul in North America: The movie didn’t hesitate to stay behind even in domestic release. Avengers: Endgame opened at 156 million dollars while previously at the top, Star Wars: The Force Awakens opened with 119 million dollars on the first day in North America.
- Biggest First-day opener in North America: The movie earned more than $156 million on the first day of release. Avengers: Endgame was top holding the record for the highest single day haul.
- Biggest domestic opening: The domestic collection was huge and tops the chart. In North America, Avengers: Endgame opened to an incredible 357 million dollars, beating its prequel record of $100 million.
- Biggest Worldwide opening: The movie acquired top position in worldwide box office opener, beating Infinity War’s collection.
- Second highest grossing film at its domestic box office: The collections are huge but it still trails behind Avatar when it comes to the worldwide box office, but it has overtaken James Cameron film at the domestic box office. The domestic collections are 777.43 million dollars so far.
- Fastest movie to gross $2.5 billion globally: Avengers: Endgame has become the fastest movie to create milestone in reaching $2.5 billion mark.
- It reached this mark in 20 days only while Avatar took this mark in 72 days.
More than 100 million people went to see the Marvel superhero epic Avengers: Endgame during the film’s worldwide opening and left all Hollywood records far behind.
Endgame Records Shattered in a Month…
James Cameron’s “Avatar” still sits at the top of the worldwide box office with $2.79 billion, while “Endgame” is currently at $2.62 billion.
It’s not out of the realm of possibility for “Endgame” to reach “Avatar’s” record number. The coming summers will even become bad for the movie.
If international box office doesn’t work in “Endgame’s” favor this summer, it will likely end its time in theaters as the number two movie both globally and domestically.
Endgame” faces even greater challenges in the record books.
It’s currently the 22nd highest-grossing movie domestically.
“Endgame” is the second-biggest movie domestically at $780 million.
It will absolutely make more before its theatrical run is over, but would need a miracle and then some to top “The Force Awakens.”