Netflix posted the second and final trailer for the live-action series Alice in Borderland. The series is an adaption of Haro Aso’s manga ‘Imawa no Kuni no Alice.’
Twisted Games of Survival
According to the trailer, the series will premiere on December 10, 2020. The video unveils the twisted game the participants have to play to survive, which is all based on the cards that are drawn before each task. For the first time, the video featured the characters Ryōhei Arisu (Kento Yamazaki) and Yuzuha Usagi (Tao Tsuchiya).
The manga revolves around Ryōhei Arisu (pronounced Alice in Japanese), a high school student who hates his life. Now one of the significant changes here other than psychotically scarring the audience, the lead Alice here in this manga is a male.
One day, like any other day, Ryōhei Arisu was hanging out with his friends Karube and Chōta, but suddenly the town was filled with fireworks. Before they knew it, they lost their senses, and they woke up to no one around. Later, they find themselves in a totally different world where the three are forced to participate in survival games.
The only driving force right now is the will to leave and go back home. The manga first debuted in 2010 and had two spin-off series, both of which were written by Haro Aso.
If you are a lover of all thrilling survival games, then this show will be a treat for you. Netflix will stream the series on December 10, 2020, in 190 countries Worldwide.
Cast Members of the series are as follows
- Kento Yamazaki as Ryōhei Arisu
- Tao Tsuchiya as Yuzuha Usagi.
- Nijirō Murakami as the mysterious Cheshire
- Yūki Morinaga as Chōta, Arisu’s friend who was sent to the Borderland along with him
- Keita Machida as Karube
- Ayaka Miyoshi as the rational and logically minded An
- Dori Sakurada as the crafty Niragi
- Aya Asahina as Kuina, whose motives align with Cheshire’s
- Shuntarō Yanagi as the Last Boss with a disturbing tattoo on its face
- Yūtarō Watanabe as Tatta, who is rescued by and then accompanies Arisu
- Ayame Misaki as Shibuki, the first being that Arisu meets in the Borderland
- Mizuki Yoshida as Asahi, a high schooler whose life has been toyed with by fate
- Tsuyoshi Abe as Kuzuryū, whose poker face betrays no emotion
- Nobuaki Kaneko as the charismatic Hatter
- Shō Aoyagi as Agni, a powerful player in the game
- Riisa Naka as the always graceful but mysterious Mira
Shinsuke Satō is directing the series, while ROBOT is in charge of the planning and production.